In order to apply for a rental house with Chapman and Eaton Properties, LLC potential lessees must complete the Housing Application, below. The Parental Guarantee must be completed after initial acceptance of application but before signing a lease unless credit score is determined to be superior.
1. We are an equal opportunity housing provider. We fully comply with the Federal Fair Housing Act. We do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. We also comply with all state and local fair housing laws.
2. Housing availability policy. Rental units become available when they are ready to rent. A vacant unit will not be deemed available until it has been cleaned and prepared for a new resident. Units are rented based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors and are not rented on a first come first serve basis, however, this is taken into consideration.
3. Occupancy guidelines. In determining these restrictions, we adhere to all applicable fair housing laws. We allow two persons per bedroom and no more than three unrelated persons per rental unit (unless otherwise noted on the property). For example, a two bedroom rental unit could house three people, and a three bedroom rental unit could house as many as six people if they are related or the property is noted as meeting certain zoning exceptions.
4. Application process. You must submit a Housing Application and answer all questions. We will check your credit report, employment and rental references to confirm that they meet our rental criteria. If you meet our criteria, we will approve your application. This process takes 24 to 72 hours. If you are interested in renting a property that has an application pending on it, we will accept back-up applications.
5. Security Deposit. Upon signing a lease with Chapman & Eaton Properties, LLC, a security deposit of one months rent is normally required.
6. Pets. Our general policy is that no pets are allowed in any unit, however, some pets are allowed with pet deposits.
7. Parental guarantees. Normally all undergraduate students must have a completed Parental Guarantee with the application to be considered unless expressly authorized by a representative of Chapman & Eaton Properties, LLC, to apply without such a Parental Guarantee.
8. Viewing Units. Most people prefer to view the house prior to signing a lease, please contact Chapman & Eaton Properties, LLC, at 419 308 2676 to set up an appointment.